Minority and Woman Owned Business Resources
If you are a minority or woman-owned business, you may qualify for certifications that can increase marketing opportunities for developing supplier relationships with larger companies and the public sector.
Many governments have programs for certifying minority and emerging businesses as qualified to participate in disadvantaged business enterprise programs. Many of these entities will promote business opportunities and provide technical assistance and capacity building resources to small firms.
The Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) program establishes preferences for awarding federal contracts to small businesses located in a HUBZone.
The following governments and organizations have certification programs:
- Minority Business Development Agency
- Wisconsin Procurement Institute
- Small Business Administration HubZone Program
- State of Wisconsin Dept. of Administration MBE Program
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Minority Business Development
- Wisconsin Dept. of Transportation DBE Program
- Milwaukee County Emerging Business Program
- City of Milwaukee Emerging Business Program