BizStarts Mentor Program Rules
The Mentor Program (“BizStarts Mentors” or the “Program”) of BizStarts Inc. (“BizStarts”) consists of volunteer mentors, who are supported in their mentoring role by seasoned volunteer members of the corporate and entrepreneur community. Mentors are selected for their experience in areas relevant to the needs of new entrepreneurs and for their enthusiasm for the Program, relationships between mentors and entrepreneurs are formed based on the needs and preferences of the entrepreneur and the interests of the available mentors.
- Mentors participating in the Program recognize that promotion of the goals of BizStarts and the Program put the interests of the community and of the entrepreneurs ahead of the volunteers.
- The resources of the Program shall be made available without regard to gender, race, religion, color, national origin or sexual orientation.
- The Executive Director of BizStarts shall oversee the formation of each relationship between each mentor and entrepreneur.
- Recommendations of mentors to entrepreneurs shall be based solely on the needs of the Entrepreneur and the best available mentor for the needs identified.
- Mentors Program shall maintain strict confidentiality over any identified proprietary information entrusted to them by BizStarts entrepreneurs, and will be used solely to facilitate participation in the Program. All information (including the identity of potential investors) and advice generated or received in connection with the Program is presumed to be proprietary and confidential and should be treated as such. The Entrepreneur alone determines whether to make a disclosure of confidential information.
- No mentor associated with the Program may accept, for him/herself, or any related party, (i) a primary financial interest or (ii) any other financial relationship, with a venture associated with the Program without first formally recusing him/herself, with 30 days advance written notice to an authorized representative of BizStarts, from their role as a BizStarts mentor with respect to that venture. In addition, in connection with any recusal, the mentor and Entrepreneur will provide any disclosure document and release to BizStarts which BizStarts may reasonably request.