Interview with Summit Credit Union – BizStarts Featured Sponsor
BizStarts is excited to honor Summit Credit Union as a Featured Sponsor.
What is Summit Credit Union’s background?
Established in 1935, Summit Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative open to anyone in Wisconsin. Summit holds a $2.4 billion in assets and has more than 153,000 members with a total of 34 locations throughout the Madison and Milwaukee areas.
What product/service does Summit Credit Union provide?
Summit Credit Union provides a full range of financial services and products for both Businesses and Individuals. We’re the #1 SBA Lender among Credit Unions in the State. While we have 8 locations in the Milwaukee area, with Remote Deposit on your PC, on-line banking, cash management and bill pay we can serve your needs no matter where you are.
But at Summit Credit Union, we feel that we don’t really sell products, we build relationships. You can trust that we’ll provide honest advice and real solutions. Helping you secure a bright financial future for your business and your family. Anyone can join Summit Credit Union. Once you’re a member, you’re a member for life. If you move, retire, or change jobs, you’ll always be able to enjoy the benefits of membership.
What has been the most rewarding about being part of Summit Credit Union?
Assisting the small business owner with their financial needs and helping them get to the next level is the most rewarding aspect of what we do.
Where do you see Summit Credit Union in 5 years?
We’ll continue to grow across all of our markets, but especially in the Milwaukee area; it’s a very important focus for us.
What awards or honors has Summit Credit Union received?
- CUDL Diamond Award for Excellence in Lending (National) – Awarded by Credit Union Direct Lending (CUDL) for outstanding achievement in our auto lending program
- Outstanding Business Award – Awarded by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Madison Chapter in honor of Summit’s contributions to financial education of youth. Nominated for the impacts of STAR Credit Union by the Boys and Girls Club of Dane County.
- Small Business Administration Lender of the Year – Most SBA loans by a credit union in Wisconsin (5 years in a row)
- Star of Madison – Awarded for the credit union category (6 years in a row)
- Brian Howell Excellence in Innovation Award – Awarded to Summit’s CEO & President, Kim Sponem, by Madison Magazine as a part of their Best in Business awards, for her leadership in innovative financial education, including her work as a co-founder of STAR Credit Union
Has Summit Credit Union been featured in any media articles in the past 12 months?
Executive Q&A with Rebecca Gerothanas, senior vice president of operations at Summit Credit Union – Read about it >>
Money Maven teaches financial capability article featuring Amy Crowe, Financial Education Specialist – Learn more >>
Is there anything else about Summit Credit Union you would like to share to entrepreneurs?
We’re here to help you! As a Credit Union, we can focus all of our efforts on our Members’ needs (after all, they’re our owners, too). We love helping small businesses grow.
Congratulations to our October 2016 Featured Sponsor, Summit Credit Union! If your organization is interested in being a BizStarts Sponsor, visit this page.