All About BizStarts
BizStarts works with entrepreneurs and their emerging business. A one-stop center offering all the help and connections entrepreneurs need, including one-on-one meetings, market assessments, team assessments, financial preparation and more. Bizstarts stays with the entrepreneur every step of the way helping the business grow and create sustainable jobs.
BizStarts Mission Statement
BizStarts helps anyone wanting to start a business that will create sustainable jobs.
Goal of BizStarts
- Help entrepreneurs starting new companies focus on what they need for success and connect them with the proper resources to expedite launch and growth.
- Work with existing businesses looking to grow by providing connections to financial, management, and other resources to scale, grow revenues, and create jobs in the region.
- Promote a stronger entrepreneurial business culture and climate in southeastern Wisconsin.
- Work in conjunction with other groups in the entrepreneurial space, from academic programs to other for-profit and non-profit organizations focusing on start-ups and scale-ups.
- Provide online resources through BizStarts.com, serving as a one-stop address for entrepreneurs to access information, service providers and events.
BizStarts developed the first seamless, region-wide approach to assisting entrepreneurs in southeastern Wisconsin back in 2008. We welcome the growth of organizations focusing on innovation and entrepreneurship. We share resources whenever it serves entrepreneurs or region to increase the success we all see as a region.
BizStarts identified and launched four major initiatives. These programs were based on best practices from other cities, regions and organizations, including the Kauffman Foundation, which promotes entrepreneurship throughout the country.
Initiative 1.) BizForge
BizForge is the space where BizStarts provides a base: a base for entrepreneurs to come and receive coaching, guidance, and connections; a place where mentors and service providers can work with entrepreneurs to prepare them for launch or help them scale for growth; and a place where investors, bankers, and other sources of capital can discover Southeastern Wisconsin’s most promising opportunities.
Initiative 2.) Events
BizStarts events connect people in the entrepreneurial space and promote the importance and spirit of innovation and business growth for the region’s future prosperity. From our annual Anniversary Parties to Inspirational Entrepreneur celebrations, there are plenty of great opportunities to meet others who can inspire. View our event list >>
Initiative 3.) Workshops
A new slate of workshops are under development that will address a variety of topics facing entrepreneurs and small business owners. Many will take place in the BizForge offices, others will happen around the region. View our event list >>
Initiative 4.) Investor Forums
Where the rubber hits the road for start-ups and scale-ups: investment. BizStarts has connections to individual investors, investor funds, banks, and other sources of capital that want to connect with promising start-ups and small but growing companies. The Investor Forum is the “big show”, where BizStarts brings them together for pitches from business owners ready to launch or expand. We’re known for bringing quality opportunities to these groups and while of course nothing is ever guaranteed, the success rate for BizStarts-assisted companies continues to grow.